· Orchestra (not flute solo) that combines, varies, and recombines tempo, melody line, instrumental tone, and volume into a rounded (not linear) pattern
· Egg, not to tiptoe around, but to crack open and savour its yoke
· Macramé, multiple strands twined around a continuing meaning
· Gateway into deeper experience
· Fist, one by one the fingers opening to uncover, extend, and make meaning palpable
· Skein of wool, one strand gradually loosening and pulling forth the rest
· Ferret, trying to draw out the mole from its buried, winding pathways
· Words, not pasted flat like a collage of black and white newspaper cut-outs, but round, full colour, like a plump bird roosting on the palm.